Saturday, April 21, 2007

Happy

So my brain cells are not capable of giving a decent title.

I just came home from Linnaeus’ lakad . I am again at my most festive spirits – it was so much fun even though only a few people were with me. I really didn’t want to go home but I have to – mama fetched me since she was also in Manila to attend to some important matters of her own.

So the details.

The call time was actually 9 in the morning but as usual, I arrived at 11:30. Iric texted me that they were in Mcdo but at the same time, John Paul also sent me a message asking where the hell I was and that they’re in Jollibee.

Wow. Talk about consistency.

So I smelled kabarberuhan brewing. I checked Mcdo first but they were not there – I should have believed John Paul. I forgot kabarberuhan was contagious – and Iric was always with Laarni when we were juniors.

Oh yeah, the first things they noticed was my fitted black slacks ending a few inches below my knees. Then they made their usual nasty remarks about my top. Then they tried to take off my blazer. Then Cielo bullied me to get my mp4 player.

Oh yeah, I was really with Linnaeus ’06.

As I expected, late as I was though, Laarni came in later than I was.

We headed off to Rob and ate at Karate Kid. Since I’m more used to KFC food than the crap they serve in Karate Kid (joke!poor…) and at the moment I was still short in dough, I ordered food from KFC and ate outside Karate Kid (as they make malevolent comments on how poor the KFC people are – and they do that with a lot of “Eeeew! How poor! Don’t eat with us!”).

We stayed at Gbox and made a fortune (yeah, with tickets) by trying out every arcade machine in the vicinity. In the end, we were able to buy eight cute monkey boys (as memorabilia) who spurt water from their lower extremities when you squeeze their abnormally huge heads.

We lingered at Mcdo and had some Coke Float and – er – the routine sharing of God damn corny jokes.

MJ’s deadline came so I took John Paul to the bus stop. When I went back to Rob, they’re nowhere to be found. I texted them but nobody replied – I called them but nobody answered their God damn phones. I thought of going directly to Gelo’s condo but they’re not there. I called everyone and finally – viva Sto. Niño- Laarni picked hers up. Turned out the God damn people were sitting outside Masci. By the way, Laarni ended the call with a“Nakakairita ka!”.

Oh…courtesy…haha.

On the way to Masci from Arcadia, when I was walking beside Astral, some stranger wagged his hands in front of me. I was wearing earphones that time and I thought it was nothing so I continued walking briskly. When the volume of the song eased a little, I was able to hear some shouting so I turned around and saw this stranger in a motor bike. It was embarrassing – he was addressing me but I ignored him because I was –er – soundtripping.

So I took off one of the earphones and said “sorry”.

Stranger: Hindi mo pala narinig – naka earphones ka kasi.

Feeling more apologetic, I removed the other earphone.

I: Ano po ‘yon?
Stranger: Pwede magtanong?
I: Ok lang po.
Stranger: Saan banda ‘yung taft?

I thought it was funny and stupid but considering he might be some biker who got lost, I answered properly.

I: Ah, ‘yan lang po oh (hand gesture)
Stranger: Ah ganun ba…anong name mo?

I was really taken aback by that question. What the hell?!

I: Christine po.
Stranger: Ah…taga-saan ka?
I: Ah…Parañaque po.
Stranger: May number ka?
I: Ah…er…wala po.
Stranger: Saan ka pupunta?

Under pressure. I had to come up with something that doesn’t sound like talkshit- even if it is. I’m really getting nervous with this- er – creep. The God damn stranger is scary.

I: Ah…diyan lang po. Kakain lang po.
Stranger: Gusto mo ihatid na kita?
I: Ha?
Stranger: Ihahatid kita. Sa bike ko.

Okay. You pressed a nerve. I’ve been keeping patient with your disgusting antics for too long now (about five minutes?).

I: (raises eyebrow)
Stranger(sensed rising blood pressure): Hindi naman ako masamang tao, miss.

Yeah right. Like a person in his right mind will do anything like that. Die, bitch!

So half running, I finally found them and I retold the creepy tale. As usual, after a few serious questions, they began cracking jokes about it.

We tottered to Gelo’s place by 5 pm already.

Sitting at the rooftop, we talked about a lot of stuff – college pre-enlistment, third year memories, green crap, etcetera. Then the bitches felt like stargazing and alked about astrology because “someone” said “astrology” instead of “astronomy”(Oh, who could that be? Viva sto. Niño!).

The topic drifted from astrology to the supernatural. It was already dark that time so when someone suggested that we should talk at KFC instead, the bitches ran like embarrassing five-year-olds down the stairs.

Wow. I really missed Gelo...not in the romantic way or anything. I missed our friendship. It was only this day that we talked and talked and talked like we did in our first days as juniors. We used to talk so much about Yaoi and Naruto (yeah, I WAS a huge fan of Yaoi before).

So I guess that’s it.

Wow, it’s only now that I ended an entry properly.

I’ll start rearranging my life now.

“Don’t make someone your priority – if you’re only an option.”,
so says Ashley’s status message.

Oh, erase that.

“ – if you’re less than an option.”

Oh, I’m not really making drama and all that shit. I’m just…contemplating…and analyzing.

Pray and Believe – everything happens for His reasons.

No comments: